I got a big shipment of supplies in this week and could not wait to start experimenting. The first thing I came up with this beautiful summer perfume. Its bright punch of orange, tempered by earthy patchouli and juniper berry come together for what smells like a perfect summer afternoon. I’ll get more into choosing notes and developing fragrance blends in a future post, but today let’s just jump right into the recipe. Note: this is an oil-based perfume. I’ll also dive into alcohol based perfumes in the coming weeks.
- Base Note: 5 drops patchouli essential oil
- Middle Note: 10 drops juniper berry essential oil
- Top Note: 7 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Carrier oil (I prefer to use sweet almond oil)
- 10 ml roller ball bottle (I use these)
Drop oils into roller ball bottle. Top off with carrier oil. Shake well to blend. Apply to pressure points like wrists and behind the ears.